Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 26th -1973


On Friday, January 26th, Julie Andrews taped Episode N. with co-stars Angela Lansbury and Steve Lawrence. 

Julie's opening number for this show was a beautiful version of "All the Things You Are." Here are a few notes from my diary of that time:

"The crew set up a long line of footlights and at the back a frame of lights with a starry sky. The lights were turned on us, and I suddenly realized that I was going to be on television again!

Now Julie entered wearing a gorgeous white chiffon caftan-style gown with a blue sequin pattern over it. I felt a bit frightened as she looked us over with the lights shining on us. There I was in the 4th row, second from the aisle. Then, Julie went back to the far corner of the stage. Now everything was ready for the show to begin. I couldn’t help remembering how someone in line that afternoon had said, “I would stand here all this time, just to watch her entertain for five minutes.” I felt so lucky for all the moments I had spent with her. It’s funny, every time I see Julie, it’s as thought I’ve never seen her before.

Tonight she sang, “All the Things You Are.” It was an arrangement that built as it went on. She rushed to the front of the stage about six feet from me singing, so full of life! "





A list of all blogs with links back to this site can be found at:
http://www.JulieAndrewsHour1972.com

2 comments:

  1. Don't know who Elizabeth is yet, but she is kind of annoying, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth - not using her real name - was also apparently someone who attended Judy Garland's CBS tapings. I know some people who attended those shows (ten years before Julie's) but have never been able to discover who she was and what happened to her.

    ReplyDelete