Friday, December 7, 2012

December 8th - Christmas with Julie

I couldn’t wait to get to the studio. After speech class I rushed over to ABC. I had no problem at the gate, but when I reached Studio C, there was a big sign on the door that said, “No visitors, please!”

A page stopped me inside the door.
“What are you doing here?” he asked. “
After I explained, he said, “Okay, but don’t get into trouble!”

This was among my favorite experience on the set of The Julie Andrews Hour, not only because of the stars, including Jimmy Steward and Joel Grey, but because of the beautiful old English Christmas spirit  Julie insisted upon with great enthusiasm. I didn't want to leave....


"They rehearsed the scene, and all the dancers skipped in. Cass Elliott came in with two men. They trimmed the tree and sang, “The Christmas Tree,” after which the dancers sang a song. Then, Julie, who had rehearsed coming in over and over and over again, stood on the side with Jimmy Stewart. Each time during rehearsal, as her cue came up, she grabbed Jimmy’s hand and, together, they ran -with her skirts billowing and he trying to keep up – to the entrance of the room. It was so funny; she was like a child playing, and it seemed he enjoyed the happiness and ease of the set and the beautiful singing...

 It was so much fun! ... Joel did his part and then stood in another spot to sing his verses of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” “Thank you for coming, Joel! Have a Merry Christmas!" Julie said.
...





No comments:

Post a Comment